A Winthrop tradition was Hanson Drug Store for over 100 years. Three generations of Hansons (JC, Carl and Ron) ran the drug store, gift shop and soda fountain starting in 1899. Ron started working at the Winthrop business in 1960 and officially took over in 1968, retiring in 1994. Upon retirement he filled in at area pharmacies.
For the complete story, check out the February 12 issue of the Winthrop News.