Skip to content

SRO officer hired, city to pick up larger share

GFW has spent this school year without a school resource officer (SRO). Aron Hacker, current Winthrop police officer, was hired to fill that vacancy at the Winthrop City Council meeting Monday evening by a 4-1 vote with Alderman Dale Malheim voting against. With an opening now on the police department, the City Council voted to take applicants for the position by the same 4-1 vote. In the past, GFW Schools paid 75 percent of the costs of the SRO with Gibbon, Fairfax and Winthrop splitting the remaining 25 percent on a per capita basis.


For the complete story, check out the April 8 issue of the Winthrop News.

Leave a Comment